Many people have heard of Invisalign; it is “The Clear Alternative to Braces.” This teeth straightening system is the least visible, the fastest, and most comfortable option for straightening teeth. It contains a series of custom made aligning trays, which are changed every few weeks to adjust teeth configuration. Not only is Invisalign nearly invisible, it can be removed for special occasion – so no need to refrain from eating your favorite snacks.
Invisalign can fix the same problems that traditional braces fix, though provide more benefits. The following problems can be corrected with Invisalign:
- • Overcrowding – This is when there is not enough space for teeth to align normally in the mouth. This is a serious problem that can cause teeth pain, decay, and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- • Tooth gaps – This happens when teeth are missing, or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- • Crossbite – This is a common dental problem which occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. This leads to bone erosion and gum disease.
- • Overbite – This occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth, leading to jaw pain and other problems.
- • Underbite – This occurs when the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth, leading to jaw pain and other problems.